HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
At brandU Legal, we understand the importance of protecting your intellectual property, whether it is your brand name, invention or design and if used correctly, the commercial advantages which can be gained by their protection. From strategic advice through to registration, our lawyers can provide clear, straightforward and commercial advice all areas of intellectual property and trade mark law for both Australia and internationally. Together with our vast network of international associates, we have the ability to prosecute and protect intellectual property rights no matter where your business takes you.
Our lawyers can also assist you with general commercial legal advice for your business. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
Our experienced IP lawyers and trade mark attorneys are Australian and international trade mark experts. We pride ourselves on being able to provide clear and concise advice to our clients and our commercial approach to our clients’ IP, branding and trade mark needs. Our trade mark services cover brand strategy advice and clearance searches through to portfolio management and trade mark litigation matters.
For your international branding needs, we have a trusted network of IP lawyers in over 90 countries who have assisted us for over a decade to ensure our client’s brands is viable available and protected no matter where you wish to take your brand.
With a combined experience of over 30 years, we are confident that when it comes to brand and trade mark protection our service is second to none.
Our trade mark services include:
- Commercialisation of IP rights including strategic advice
- Advising on trade mark selection and development
- Trade mark due diligence and audits
- Clearance and infringement trade mark searches
- Filing and prosecuting Australian and International trade mark applications
- Advising on trade mark infringement and validity of registrations
- Trade mark oppositions, non-use actions and revocation actions
- Trade mark watching, monitoring and surveillance
- Trade mark portfolio management and strategizing
- Domain name registration worldwide
- Domain name disputes
- Company and Business name registrations
- Packaging and labeling strategies
- Legalisation of documents up to international consulates and embassies
Contact us to speak with one our our trade mark experts.
brandU Legal consults with a network of trusted local Australian patent attorneys who assist our client’s to ensure that their inventions are properly protected in Australia and internationally.
Choosing the right patent attorney is important; they need to understand both your technology and your business objectives to ensure you obtain secure commercial monopolies over your inventions.
Our consultant patent attorneys have wide ranging technical experience and can guide you through the process of obtaining viable patent protection.
Our consultant patent attorney services include:
- General advice and strategies regarding optimising your patent portfolio
- Preparation of patent specifications
- Filing and prosecuting patent applications at the Australian Patent Office
- Filing and prosecuting international patent applications
- Advice on commercialising patents
- General advice on patentability and patent infringement
Contact us to speak with one of our experts.
Once you have secured your IP rights, it is important that you properly maintain those rights or risk losing them. Our intellectual property management services include:
- Maintenance of your IP portfolio using brandU Legal’s in-house IP database management system.
- Implementing and maintaining IP watching services to ensure your rights are not being infringed.
- Advising on the commercialisation of your IP to exploit its value.
- IP Audit and due diligence services
Contact us so we can assist you with management and maintenance of your IP portfolio.
Franchising is an attractive business model for growing businesses across Australia and internationally. Franchising spans many areas of business from the food industry through to real estate agencies and professional services.
Our franchise consultant can assist in all areas of franchise law, including:
- drafting the master franchise agreement, and disclosure document (and annexures including deeds of guarantee);
- preparing licence and distribution arrangements;
- drafting the operations manual;
- preparing document packs for each new franchisee; and
- advising on your obligations under the Franchising Code of Conduct.
Our experienced franchise consultants are experts in their field and have assisted local businesses to expand their operations throughout Australia and internationally.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you with your franchise needs.
A notary public is a public officer, usually a practising solicitor who is appointed for life by a State or Territory Supreme Court (or by an English Archbishop in the case of Queensland). A notary public is given statutory powers to witness documents, administer oaths, and perform other administrative functions. Such functions are performed for documents used within Australia but also for documents for use outside Australia.
In order to file or manage international trade mark matters, some overseas countries require certain documents (for example powers of attorney) to be signed in the presence of a notary public and then legalised by the relevant country’s consulate in Australia before the documents will be recognised.
To streamline our international practice, brandU Legal has an in-house Notary Public. We can assist our clients with notarial services including:
- Authenticating official, Government and personal documents and information for use overseas
- Witnessing signatures of individuals to documents and authenticating identity
- Witnessing Powers of Attorney for use overseas
- Certifying true copies of documents for use overseas
- For corporations and business, witnessing documents and authenticating status and transactions
- Dealing with documentation for land, property and deceased estates overseas
- Arranging legalisation of documents with overseas Embassies or the issuing of an Apostille Certificate
Contact our notary public now.
Our expert IP lawyers and counsel are experienced in advising clients on contentious matters relating to registered trade marks, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct and false representations under the Australian Consumer Law.
We regularly act for clients in disputes concerning similar trade or product names and in cases concerning more complex allegations of illegal misrepresentations.
Contact us to discuss your IP dispute matter.
Our lawyers are able to advise you on general commercial matters concerning your IP and business as a whole. We can prepare a wide range of IP, licensing and commercial agreements to deliver successful outcomes to our clients.
We can also assist you to set up your business and prepare the documents required as well as company, business and domain name registrations.
Contact us to assist you with the set up of your business and its ongoing legal needs.